Introduction to Mindfulness
Mindfulness is a core strategy to be able to experience the current moment.
- Mental disorders
- Overcoming fears or insecurities
- To attain a healthy state of mind
- Better and ling attention span
- Peaceful mindset
- To achieve positivity in life
- To overcome anger issue, etc.
Benefits of mindfulness
- Body: controls breathing pattern, calms down the body, increases the grey matter in the brain and overcomes any pains.
- Mind: relaxes the mind, cultivates will power and reduces depression.
- Soul: increases knowledge, helps to build relationships and improves empathy.
- Find fa peaceful place with minimal or no distractions
- Make yourself comfortable by resting calmly
- Take in three deep breaths through the nose and take out through the mouth
- Focus on the quality of each breath and evaluate its ability to relax your body
- You can set a timer to count your breaths
- Set your goal for the number of breath cycles
Mindfulness in stress, anxiety and depression
Choose: choose a time of the day that you can regularly follow by creating a meditation schedule according to your breath
Wear: wear comfortable clothes rather than a tight outfit that makes you uneasy
Remove: remove any distraction
Light: light a candle for a shooting soft light you can also listen to a kind of music that is dental and soft to your ears
Sit or lay in: sit or lay in a comfortable position with a straight back and upright shoulders
Mindfulness for bad habits and procrastination
Step: take body to brake bad habits
Do: do meditation daily for at least 10 to 20 minutes.
Start: start with taking a few deep breaths and relaxing your mind and body.
Act: another psychological can be adopted such as taking action rather than procrastinating.
Fulfil: if you have taken a decision then fulfil it rather than backing off.
Mindfulness exercises for procrastination
- Sit comfortably at a peaceful and quit place and relax.
- Imagine yourself accomplishing the task you need to complete.
- Imagine you rewarding yourself and feel every emotion attached to that reward.
- Experience it for at least 5 minutes.
- Think positive and ignore any negative thoughts.
- Breathe slowly and opening your eyes.
- Smile and start your project immediately.
Body Scan Exercise for a better sleep
- Lie on your back on comfortable bed and relax your arms.
- Focus on your breathing pattern.
- Imagine your consciousness leaving your mind and travelling through your body. Keep observing each body part.
- Imagine your feel and legs muscles relaxing and then tightening.
- Do it to each body part you move to.
- Settle them at a comfy place and spend time in meditation
- Try breathing exercise
- Read them a good book or take them to evening walks
- A piece of sort music can elevate their mood
- Spend quality time with them
Mindfulness exercises for groups
- Sit together in a comfortable environment
- Set a goal or an aim for your group
- Be kind and polite during the whole process
- Try breathing exercise and then go for body scan exercise by keeping then goals in mind
- Encourage and appreciate the people in your group as it will boost their confidence level and productivity
- Crete a friendly environment so everyone can relax and become calm during meditation.
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 45 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes